Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Squinting

I wear contacts. Typically I go to the eye doctor, load up on contacts and don't return to the dr till my last pair of lenses gets funky. Well ... The time has arrived. My right lense is blurry. Today I made my pilgramage to the optometrist, got a new prescription, ordered more contacts, and had my eyes dilated.

At work I've been working on a few special projects, all on quick deadlines. That didn't cross my mind when the eye dr asked if it'd be okay if she dilated my eyes. When I returned to work with my enlarged pupils I couldn't read anything on my computer screen, and I needed to make several board-worthy spreadsheets due today! I squinted and guessed my way around to figure out how to make my monitor suitable for a 90 year old blind woman. The big boss picked that moment to drop by and ask how his spreadsheets were coming. I smiled and told him I'd be finished soon (didn't mention it was dependent on me regaining my sight). After a few painful hours I could see and I finished his project. I think I learned my dilation lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment