Monday, November 8, 2010

Guts on the Floor

One day last week I got in my car at 6:30 am to do my regular commute to work.  The sun was just coming up, the roads were starting to stack up with traffic, my brain was barely waking up.  I drove out of my neighborhood, down the street, turned left at the light and got on the entrance ramp to the 101.  As the morning radio talk show host was giving sports updates over my speakers I saw something on my dashboard that wasn't normal.  My morning brain slowly processed: that thing on the dashboard isn't usually there, it is a bug, it is a spider, it is kinda big, IT IS ALIVE!  So what the heck to do when I was in the middle of a long line of cars entering traffic going 65 mph?!  I had to accelerate and merge into the lane to the left, BUT THERE WAS A SPIDER!!!  Somehow I managed to slip off my shoe, smack the spider, merge into traffic, all while screaming.  But then I didn't know what to do with the shoe (with a dead spider on the sole) in my hand.  So... I put it back on my foot.  There are probably spider guts on my floor mat.  Yuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment